We’re Hiring: Staff Accountant/Financial Advisor
Do you have the drive of an entrepreneur and truly want to bring impact to your clients? Stawowski McGill provides an opportunity to work in your profession in a manner which you may have never thought possible.
We are a team of business advisors, financial advisors, and mentors. We collaborate with business owners to bring the clarity, confidence, and control required to take their business to the next level. Our clients want to learn and grow both within their business and personally, they’re not just looking for their financial statements and tax returns to be prepared for the lowest price possible; they are looking for a partner and true advisor with whom they can to build a relationship and create unimaginable value.
The experience and skills below are many of the traditional requirements you would find in another firm, however at Stawowski McGill we are all about culture, and having the right people on the team.
- Imagine a position where chargeable hours is not the single driver in the firm
- You are taught and encouraged to provide additional value to your clients
- The firm culture is “potent” and always geared to having impact to our clients business, life and path to success
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and working paper files (NO AUDITS!)
- Preparation of corporate and personal income tax returns and proactive planning with the owners of the business
- You will also progress towards becoming the lead on compliance engagements of our clients
- You will be required to build a professional network of accountants, tax specialists, bankers, insurance and investment advisors, etc.
- You will need to identify soft issues within the clients business
- You will need to be able to ask meaningful questions of clients and help problem solve
- You will need to effectively communicate with clients regarding financial statements, tax concepts, financial analysis, and general business advice
- You will need to initiate client communication outside the regular engagement to build stronger relationships with the clients
- You will need to communicate with government agencies on behalf of our clients
- You will work closely with our team to find value added opportunities for our clients
- You will work closely with our team to complete client deadlines
- A Canadian CPA designation
- A minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience including working paper files and the preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
- An attitude of wanting to help others, add value and bring impact
- Experience preparing review and NTR engagements
- Strong interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with many different types of people and personalities
- Experience working as a controller or assistant controller of a small business is an asset but not required
- Solid understanding of ASPE and the Income Tax Act
- Good knowledge of simple tax planning ideas
- Ability to multi task as you have numerous clients to which you will assist on a regular basis
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to listen to clients and their actual and/or perceived needs, and only then begin to construct possible solutions
- Experience with Caseware, Caseview, Jazz-it, and Profile software programs
- Knowledge of basic accounting software programs such as Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Solid knowledge of MS products such as Excel and to lesser extent, Word
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Taylor Matheson, executive assistant, at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.